Liquid-filled, two-piece capsules present pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement scientists with a tool to effectively formulate poorly soluble drugs and supplements, while reducing development time and costs. Liquid filling also offers the ability to control R&D compounds, which are expensive and in limited supply.
Learn more about the full benefits of liquid-filled capsules as a dosage form and how it can accelerate your drug development timeline.
- High-quality product matches the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent performance on high-speed capsule filling and sealing machines
- Can be filled with SSM formulations up to 70° C
- Compatible with a range of excipients for improving bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs
- Proven pharmaceutical performance
- Meets all compendia dissolution requirements
- Compatible with a wider range of excipients than gelatin
- Preferred for hygroscopic fills
- Exceptional for low-humidity applications, no brittleness
- Maintains shell mechanical strength at low moisture contents
- Can be filled with SSM formulations up to 80° C
- Ideal for new drug development
- Simple and cost effective formulation. Liquid capsules require no binders, lubricants, or plasticizers commonly found in traditional solid-dosage forms and soft gels. Aqueous and non-aqueous liquids to semi-solids can be filled and banded.
- Absorption and bioavailability are enhanced. Your API is already in solution or dispersed suspension.
- Integrated tamper proofing. Banded capsules provide a non-permeable barrier.
- Liquid-filled, two-piece capsules are better than soft gel capsules. Thinner wall construction allows for smaller capsule sizes and more efficient and complete dissolution over soft gels.
- Unique branding opportunities. Nearly infinite choices of capsule and banding colors provide a wealth of product differentiation options. From clear capsules and clear bands to two-color capsules and contrasting band color — the combinations are endless.