Oligonucleotides are an emerging therapeutic option to target a wide range of hard-to-treat diseases, in particular those caused by genetic mutations. They are short synthetic DNA or RNA sequences that can regulate gene expression by binding to complementary sequences of mRNA in target cells. Sub-types include antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs), aptamer RNAs, and RNA interference (RNAi) oligonucleotides. Chemical modifications of oligonucleotides and advancements in drug delivery have improved drug stability and potency, reducing the requirements for quantity of drug per dose, and total number of doses. Several oligonucleotide drugs have been licensed in the last 5 years and many others are currently in the different phases of drug development.
Altasciences has expertise in the development of highly sensitive bioanalytical assays for the quantitation of oligonucleotides in complex biological matrices such as eye, liver, or brain tissue, adapted to the different critical parameters of your preclinical and clinical studies.
Oligonucleotide Bioanalytical Services
From preclinical to clinical, our laboratory scientific experts support robust and sensitive bioanalytical assays that minimize interference, for accurate oligonucleotide bioanalysis and quantification.
years’ working knowledge
preclinical and clinical studies conducted at various stages
samples analyzed in oligonucleotide quantitation
Our expertise includes:
- Meso Scale Discovery (MSD™) multiplexing technology utilizing the electroluminescence-based detection system
- Mass spectrometry based quantification of linear and conjugated oligos (ASO, siRNA, aptamer) using solid phase extraction (SPE) or automated hybridization LC-MS/MS workflow
- In vitro plasma stability, metabolite identification, and plasma protein binding studies using mass spectrometry platforms
- Immunogenicity/anti-drug antibody assay development and validation
- PCR, real-time PCR and dPCR
- Tissue-based analysis
- Technology selection advice based upon sensitivity, selectivity, complexity, dynamic range, throughput and specific program needs
- Navigation of regulatory requirements for oligonucleotides and other cell and gene therapies
- The Altascientist—Quantification of ASOsThe Altascientist—Quantification of ASOsSensitive Bioanalytical Assays for Your ASOs Needs
- eBook: ASOs—Expert Interviews, Case Studies, and More!eBook: ASOs—Expert Interviews, Case Studies, and More!Bioanalytical Developments for the Analysis of ASOs
- Overview of LBA and LC–MS/MS analysis of ASOsOverview of LBA and LC–MS/MS analysis of ASOsInterview with Altasciences' Scientific Experts
- Poster: Dev. of a Surrogate CSF Matrix for Quantitative Analysis of ASOsPoster: Dev. of a Surrogate CSF Matrix for Quantitative Analysis of ASOs16th WRIB 2022 poster presentation
Learn more about our laboratory services
Click below to explore more of Altasciences’ bioanalytical solutions.
Our deep expertise and capabilities in a broad range of therapeutic areas encompasses preclinical and early clinical studies for both small molecules and biologics. We can manage your entire program, as well as provide comprehensive support research services and bioanalytical expertise.