Altasciences has the expertise for routine isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) to characterize the human immune response to disease and various immune-targeted therapeutic agents. Through effective harvesting, processing, and analysis of PBMCs, researchers are able to evaluate immune responses and gain a deeper understanding of immune system function pre-dose, post-dose, and at other integral stages of testing.
PBMC Isolation Laboratory Overview
Altasciences’ PBMC isolation laboratory has worked closely with the Stanford School of Medicine to certify collection and isolation procedures. We have performed direct comparisons of major techniques for PBMC isolation, including using cell preparation tube (CPT) and Lymphoprep™ tubes to demonstrate the performance of various methods available. We are always ready to work with you to design and validate custom protocols to directly meet your needs.
- Eight Class II biological safety cabinets
- Eight refrigerated high-capacity centrifuges
- Multiple platforms for cell counting and viability assessment including:
- Nexcellom Cellometer K2
- Bio-Rad TC-20
- Multiple -80C monitored freezers
- Capacity to process more than 200 blood samples per day