Making Sense of Antisense Oligonucleotides (ASOs)
ASOs — The Importance of Sensitive Bioanalytical Assays
Precise quantitation of ASOs helps you target the source of a disease’s pathogenesis. Chemical modifications of ASOs and advancements in drug delivery have improved drug stability and potency, reducing the requirements for quantity of drug per dose, and total number of doses.
Altasciences has expertise in the development of highly sensitive bioanalytical assays for the quantitation of ASOs in complex biological matrices such as eye, liver, or brain tissue, adapted to the different critical parameters of your preclinical or clinical study:
- The ability to quantitate ASOs to very low concentrations impacts calculation of half-life; more sensitive assays will produce more accurate readouts.
- Timepoints close to the end of the dosing cycle are expected to have lower concentrations in various tissues. Highly sensitive methods will produce the most accurate readings, allowing for an accurate PK profile even in late timepoints.
- Hybridization-based methods provide the best reported assay sensitivity and throughput, compared with other bioanalytical methods for ASOs. They are less time consuming, requiring little or no sample clean-up, and have been widely used for the quantitative analysis of ASOs to support both TK and PK regulated bioanalysis.
Take a deeper dive into our ASO capabilities and knowledge, and consult our two case studies, in the 12th issue of The Altascientist.
Want more info?
- Webpage: Comprehensive Bioanalytical Services
- PDF: Altasciences' Proprietary Bioanalytical Assay List
- Podcast: Three Laboratories — One Vision
Altasciences transforms the traditional outsourcing paradigm by simplifying and streamlining drug development solutions, whether for a single study or multiple programs, to offer an integrated/synchronized approach to CRO and CDMO services.