The Power of Microsampling in Preclinical Research
As an alternative to traditional venipuncture, blood microsampling represents a less invasive and simplified collection technique, resulting in numerous benefits for preclinical and clinical studies alike.
Microsampling in safety testing supports Altasciences’ commitment to the 3Rs: replace, reduce, and refine experimental animal use. It also provides other advantages, such as:
- Accelerated animal recovery due to rapid blood collection
- Direct correlation of study findings with PD and toxicological effects given the use of main study animals
- Less variability in PK profiles when derived from individual animals versus composite profiling
- Collection of additional PK/TK timepoints
- Biomarkers and metabolites detection that aids interpretation of toxicological effect
- Reduced animal numbers saves on costs and time
Speak with one of our microsampling experts today.
You may also be interested in the following:
Altasciences transforms the traditional outsourcing paradigm by simplifying and streamlining solutions, whether for a single study or multiple programs, to offer an integrated/synchronized approach to CRO and CDMO services from lead candidate selection to clinical proof of concept, and beyond.