Purpose-Built Facilities for Cell and Gene Therapies
Advanced Early Phase Development Solutions
Altasciences has a purpose-built facility focused on exploratory and early development research in nonhuman primates (NHPs). Our Sacramento (CA) site, in particular, is dedicated to developing cell and gene therapies, such as adeno-associated virus (AAV) or lentivirus (lenti) products, and applying gene editing technologies like CRISPR/cas9.
Discover the Altasciences difference:
• Extensive in-house capabilities and experience (including historical background data)
• Operational experience with infant/juvenile NHPs for long-term studies
• Surgery expertise for biopsies, such as in gene editing studies requiring repeated liver sampling
• Special necropsy procedures to avoid contamination and ensure the integrity of genomic material in tissues
• GLP laboratory in Seattle (WA) to perform qPCR/RT-qPCR of vector and biodistribution and persistence of vector/transgene in tissues
Related resources that may interest you:
• Webpage: Full Range of Preclinical Drug Development Solutions
• Fact Sheet: Preclinical Services Capabilities
• The Altascientist: Planning Your Preclinical Assessment
Altasciences transforms the traditional outsourcing paradigm by simplifying and streamlining drug development solutions, whether for a single study or multiple programs, to offer an integrated/synchronized approach to CRO and CDMO services from lead candidate selection to clinical proof of concept, and beyond.